Sunday, February 26, 2012

{ RECIPE :: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies }

Yup! These cookies just came out of the oven at our house. FRESH and HOT! Of course I "accidentally" broke two of them as I was transferring from cookie sheet to cooling rack. And you can't serve your in-laws broken cookies, so I took it upon myself to dispose of the cookies immediately...in my belly! Oh. My. Gosh. These cookies are so good. I am such a sucker for anything with lemon zest. And when you throw in some blueberries and cream cheese to the mix, how could you go wrong?

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cup flour
1 cup blueberries
1/2 pkg cream cheese, cut into 1 tsp cubes

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the center. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Blend in the lemon zest, juice and eggs. Make sure to scrape off any bits of zest that stick to the mixer paddle.

In a separate bowl whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour then mix it into the wet ingredients. Gently fold in the blueberries so as not to burst any. (I froze my berries first). Refrigerate the dough for about 15 minutes to make it stiff enough to roll.

For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tbsp of dough into a ball then flatten it slightly into a disc shape. Place a 1 tsp cream cheese cube into the center and form the dough around it creating a ball again. Bake them for about 10 - 14 minutes until the edges brown slightly. Transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!

10 comments:

Lap of Luxury said...

I have a ton of lemons at my house, so I should make these. They look yummy :)

Kim Messick said...

These look so yummy - I want some in my tummy!

Kathy B said...

I'm making these right now, I put the cream cheese in the cookie dough mixture instead so we'll see how it turns out :)

Kathy B said...

Super yummy but they take way longer than 10 minutes, I'm still trying to figure out the exact time :)

The Laidlaws said...

Kathy B,

I know everyone's ovens are a little different and the size of the dough ball will change the bake time. Mine took exactly 12 minutes. Be careful not to overbake! :)

PS- I wonder if mixing in the cream cheese to the dough changes the bake time?

AJ said...

I'm wondering what the out come of incorporating the cream cheese into the batter was. I'm having a heck of a time making my dough balls let alone adding the cream cheese. It may be the rather large blueberries I have.

Anonymous said...

you may want to say that you sourced this recipe from another blog as well as taking the picture from another blog and both are not originally yours...

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Hi Matt and Aubrey! I'm so glad you liked my recipe, but I'd really appreciate it if you listed me as your source and, in the future, asked my permission before using one of my photos. They are under copyright and cropping my watermark out of the photo doesn't make it ok.

The Laidlaws said...

Lindsey, i found this picture on pinterest linked to a friend's blog. The watermark was already gone. Love your recipe. The cookies were delicious.

Lindsey @ Hot Polka Dot said...

Hi again! I guess that's one of the downsides to Pinterest. When it's been pinned and repinned thousands of times no one really knows where the original came from. I appreciate your honesty and glad you liked the cookies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...